Sunday, October 23, 2016

You will come like the rain

rain -

1. water that falls from the sky to bring nourishment and new life to the earth
2. moisture you can see
3. the source of puddles and maker of mud
4. what forces me inside several months of the year...


Image result for worshiping in the rain

I was just introduced to "My Soul Longs for You" by Jesus Culture.  Check out the song - (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUJQx_JmtVA).  Here are the lyrics to the whole song:

My Soul Longs for YOU
Nothing Else Will Do
I believe You will come like the Rain
You'll come like the rain

We are entrenched in rainy season.  October is always the rainiest month of the year.  When I attempt to describe it to people who have not experienced it, I usually say... well, it will be completely clear skies one minute and then the faucet is turned on full force the next.  And you are drenched.  All the time.  Rain coats and umbrellas only slightly help.  So usually, I think that all worships calling out for rain or to "let it rain" should be banned during the rainy season.  But this week, thinking about the certainty of Jesus coming like the rain poured out hope, joy, and peace on me.  He will come.  He is here.   And he comes like the faucet on full force.  Like an October day in Costa Rica.  How great it is to know He will come like the rain.  Makes me want to go dance and run in this rainstorm and thank God for coming to be here with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment