Tuesday, September 12, 2017

To My Tribe
tribe [trahyb]

1.
any aggregate of people united by ties of descent from a common ancestor, community of customs and traditions, adherence to the same leaders, etc.
2.
a local division of an aboriginal people.
3.
a division of some other people.


It takes a village to raise a child. It's true children become healthy adults when they are raised in a community that loves them and invests in them.  However, I think this proverb falls short.

It takes a tribe to thrive, to live abundant life.

I have an incredible tribe!  So, I just want to take a moment to be thankful to my tribe, to the people who surround me and love me.  Those who invite me into their lives, who give me space to be me and let them in.  

THANK YOU
... for the invites to join your family for dinner and be a part of normal family rhythms.
... for texting and emailing just to check in or be encouraging.
... for making me laugh.
... for reminding my sweet nephews that their tia loves them so much.
... for crying with me.
... sitting next to me at church.
... for celebrating with me.
... for asking how to pray, actually praying, and following up later.
... for challenging me to grow and walking with me through refining processes.
... for simply reminding me that I'm not alone.

Image result for it takes a tribe


Thank you.  I know that I am so much better because I'm not living this life alone.  Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. YES!!! We each need a tribe. I am so thankful for mine. Being in the military its hard, because we must cultivate a new tribe every time we move. But the investment is worth it

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good! Like Renee, being military (or former now) finding a new tribe in this new location has been challenging. But it's worth the struggle! Grateful for the people God has blessed me with! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete