Wednesday, October 4, 2017

BeLOVED, Sweet Daughter

The last few weeks I’ve been on a rollercoaster ride.  I’ve learned some things I honestly wish I didn’t have to deal with…  I learned about some ugliness that I would like to simply erase from my mind and history.  But it happened and I’m still dealing with the consequences of other’s actions.  And I’m learning to take responsibility for what is mine, and not take responsibility for what’s not.

This situation has forced me to really examine once again my identity and who I want to me.  I don’t want to be a person who simply reacts to what happens to me.  I want to be a person who invites others to embracing who they really are. 

Hear this great truth from my friend Henri Nouwen –

“’You are my Beloved, on you my favor rests.’ That voice has always been there, but it seems that I was much more eager to listen to other louder voices saying, “Prove that you are worth something; do something relevant, spectacular, or powerful, and then you will earn the love you so desire. Meanwhile, the soft gentle voice that speaks in the silence and solitude of my heart renamed unheard or, at least, unconvincing.”


Image result for be loved



Let it be convincing.  Remember – no matter what happens around you, YOU ARE LOVED!  You are the beloved.  The Lord looks at you and is well pleased.  BE LOVED, my friend!  Celebrate the love and embrace it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment